GIS Data and Standards: The Geospatial Enterprise Office (GEO) provides GIS coordination for state agencies, hosts and maintains Oregon's Digital Spatial Data Library, facilitates and promotes GIS standards efforts, and assists with coordination of GIS activities for Oregon.
- One of the key components of the Geospatial Enterprise Office is the Oregon Geospatial Data Clearinghouse, which includes many functions designed to support the Oregon GIS Community.
- Communication mechanisms that help to develop and build a sense of community among the users of GIS technology and geospatial data;
- Metadata repository to ensure that all Framework data sets shared by multiple agencies are properly documented according to accepted standards;
- Geospatial data access and distribution to ensure the easiest possible access to Framework data needed for decision-making;
- Geospatial data archive, coordinated through the Oregon University System library system;
- Internet mapping services to enable all users to view and manipulate data holdings without specialized GIS software or knowledge; and
- Data integration, coordinated through identified data stewards for each Framework dataset. The Oregon Geospatial Data Clearinghouse contains the base map layers required by FEMA and has the infrastructure that is needed for storage and distribution of Flood Insurance Rate Maps.